Thursday, June 15, 2006

Paternal HNT

Well, since many of you wanted to know about the "surprise" from the previous post, I've made a little movie of it with literally everything there is to know right now. You can go here to check it out. Go ahead, I'll wait...

*checking watch*

*excuses self to bathroom for a moment*

*returns*

So, yeah. Not weighing totally heavy on my mind yet, but still...

Today (Thursday) is my dad's 73rd birthday. Born in Butte, MT in 1933. Smack dab in the midst of the Great Depression. And he wasn't necessarily "expected". His next youngest sibling was about 18 at the time. After a couple of years, the family moved to Helena, and he's been here ever since (other than brief stints in the Navy and dental school).

To celebrate his birthday, and half-nekkidity, I offer two pics. This first one shows my dad with his favorite (only) son on his 27th birthday. Note that my Hawaiian shirt fetish was probably hatched around this time, as well as my constant crotch-grabbing. I was 3 years old at the time.


And this is Dad now. From when we were in Miami. Note that our hair color has changed, I'm still wearing tacky shirts, but I've learned not to grab my crotch in public! Also notice the similarity in how we grab our drinks. He taught me well!


Happy Birthday, Dad. Sucks that this news came at the same time, but I think we'll get past it OK! Plus, you've got boobies below!
Looking for the right song title to go along with this Mystery Guest...

"Hot Fun In The Summertime" Close.

"Spring Is Bustin' Out All Over" Closer. But not quite right. (yeah, I know the song title is really "June Is Bustin'...." Gimme a break--it's my blog)

"Green-Eyed Lady" Not sure...

"Last Train To Clarksville" She's a Monkees fan?

Take your best shots. I'll be revealing her identity Thursday afternoon!
This week's Mystery Guest, as many of you figured out, is Recon (the blogger/HNTer formerly known as "Summer"!). Stop by and say hi!
Another great collection of pictures over at "...the Other HNT" this week. Be sure to check them out!
Lurch, a newbie with HNT, has a different twist to doing HNT. Go visit him and see if you can help him out!
Don't miss out on these early posters: Jes, Wenchy, Solitaire, Trix and TripleL.
Please turn off your word verification for the day!

No comments: