Thursday, June 22, 2006

In the long run, my problems aren't so bad...

A couple of bloggers out there have helped put my life into perspective. My week has gotten better since the weekend, but things aren't totally peachy yet. I'll probably blog about it over the weekend. Many thanks to those that I've talked to about all this. Rachel--you're going to get the detailed version. Hope you can deal with me!
Like I said, a couple of bloggers have made me see that my problems aren't really all that bad. Many of you remember Ty Bluesmith--the guy that made Flat Belly Fridays a success, and had a legion of fans across blogdom. He and his wife Latty became proud parents again a couple of weeks ago (Ty, I apologize--I can't remember if it's a boy or girl...). The bad news--at the same time, they found a heart defect in Latty. She is having heart surgery this morning, I believe, to replace a valve. While he's still writing in his usual odd style, he's definitely worried. As he should be. He's told me that any and all prayers coming their way would be appreciated!
The other hospitalized blogger is Contessa. She's been in the hospital for over a week with some concern over her unborn twins. And she just found out that she may be there for another 2 weeks. For those of you who haven't been following--her husband left her just before she found out she was pregnant, and she's been going through this pregnancy without him. She's in a hospital in a different state, and is a bit lonely. It's difficult for her family to visit as much as she'd like. Right now the babies seem to be doing OK, and her doctor would like her to keep them in the oven as long as she can. This is one of the strongest women I've ever had the pleasure to read. But she, too, is in need of some good thoughts, prayers, whatever else you can send her.
Me? I'm doing OK. Certainly not in need of the same help as the others. Another juicy tidbit for you before my full explanation--I've got a court appearance to make at 10AM this morning. With luck, the judge will be in a good mood and the coffers aren't too empty. Details later.
I'm $450 lighter (could have been $700), and not in jail! But I have a trial in early August to fight 2 additional citations. Going with a jury trial. If I lose there, I could really be screwed. I'll blog over the weekend with details.
Oh, yeah. We've got a gig Friday night. Hope I'm not in jail!

No comments: