Monday, June 12, 2006

Once in awhile...

...life (fate/the village idiot/God/whomever) will throw a surprise at you to let you know who's in charge. Can't let you know any details, because I don't have any right now. I don't think it's going to be too bad, but it's certainly not great news. Not the time to get bent out of shape yet. I'll be sure to let you know when, if necessary!
If your planning to send something in for "...the Other HNT", do it soon, if possible! Last week's troubles with Blogger made things difficult to do things at the last minute!
I didn't do it last week, but I should have mentioned the passing of the "Fifth Beatle", Billy Preston, at the age of 59. His keyboards could be heard on many of the Beatle's songs, but most recognizably on "Get Back". He also played with the Rolling Stones, and had a moderately successful solo career as well as a demanding schedule as a session musician. He also wrote Joe Cocker's hit "You Are So Beautiful". Preston had been in a coma since November, after suffering years of kidney failure and dialysis.


Tess, over at Urban Gypsy, has started a thing called IMhotTalk, where she posts transcripts of various anonymous chats she's recently had. If you've read her blog at all, you know that there's very little that she won't write or talk about. She's the same in her chats (I'm talking from experience here, people!). I told her I'd pimp her blog, so go over and check her out!

No comments: