Monday, March 16, 2009

Busyness Abounds

It's going to be a busy, busy week! I know I've been looking forward to this concert all season. It's difficult. It involves a complete stage change between the first and second halves (including the last three rehearsals, too). All these things point to a very busy symphony week, yet it didn't occur to me until last night that this is THAT week! I've got rehearsals every night except Wednesday (when I'll be hunched over my computer with HNTs). I've got to organize my work crews and the homeless guys who help me do part of the loading. Basically, I'm caught by surprise this week. I'll try to get around as much as I can...
The NCAA brackets have been announced and everyone is already speculating. Me? Don't care in the least. Don't come here if you're looking for thoughts or recaps!
Tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day. Due to the above-mentioned busyness, I'm not going to do much in the way of celebration. Though I will be down at O'Toole's when they open their doors at 8AM and get the first green beer out of their tap. I had a 15+ year streak of getting that first green beer that was interrupted these past two because of, you guessed it, symphony rehearsals (I'll go to work inebriated, but not a reherasal!). You can go back in the archives from 2005 to see the fun from years past.
Today is St. Urho Day. It's celebrated heavily in Butte (as well as the more popular St. Patrick's Day). To all my Finnish fans, Happy St. Urho Day!
There's probably more stuff to write about, but I'm busy. I'll leave you with the first part of three videos of Bernstein's Symphonic Dances from "West Side Story". It's the most difficult piece we'll be doing. I'll do the other two parts later this week. Watch how much fun Bernstein has when he's doing this!

No comments: