Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Interview #3

Another (and last, I believe) of the interviews. This time the questions are from M. I've got multiple answers for most of her questions. And like the last time, I'm not reprinting the rules!

1. What kind of car do you drive? - Currently, a maroon 1999 Buick Century. Nice and roomy! Other cars in my past (in reverse order--if my scanner only worked...):
  • 1990 Oldsmobile Silhouette (maroon, great for moving band equipment!)
  • 1985 Pontiac Grand Am (dark blue, first car with power windows and a trunk!)
  • 1975-ish Chevy Blazer (orange, piece of junk, but a great toy!)
  • 1983 Honda CRX (red, cracked the engine block and threw a rod with this one, but got almost 50 mpg on a trip to California and back!)
  • 1979 VW Rabbit (white, college graduation gift. Got 150,000 miles out of this one)
  • 1970 Ford Mustang (blue, previously owned by my grandmother. How cool is that? Also threw a rod with that one, too.)
  • The Mustang was my first car, given to me during my junior year in college. Up to that point, I drove my parent's cars. I won't bore you with the details of those...
2. Crawfish, crawdads, or crayfish?
  • Apparently another southern taste treat that I've missed out on (I'd never had catfish until I was 48!). There's a "crawdad festival" up here in early June where they bring in a couple hundred pounds, and keep the beer flowing, so I guess that's what Montanans would call them. However, the whole concept of twisting off their heads and sucking out the innards just doesn't float my boat. Gimme a bbq'ed rib any day of the week!
3. What's your favorite movie? (embarassing or not, fess up) - Gotta list a few here...these are the ones I'll watch anytime, anywhere:
  • The Quiet Man - John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara in Ireland.
  • Young Frankenstein - "He vould have an enormous schwanzstucker..."
  • Fantasia - Dancing brooms, water pails and Mickey Mouse!
  • The Ten Commandments - I'm a sucker for biblical epics, and there's nothing epic-er!
  • Star Wars - All six of them (some better than others, of course).
  • On the Town - Bernstein, Sinatra, Kelly, Vera-Ellen, Ann Miller, NYC...whew!
  • Always - Dreyfuss, Goodman, Hunter, Hepburn. Filmed in MT!
  • Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid - Newman/Redford I
  • The Sting - Newman/Redford II
4. Do you have a major regret in life? If so, what is it and why do you regret it?? - To me, regrets are something that I had control of in my own life, not things affected by others' actions. With that in mind:
  • Not taking piano lessons when offered. Mom should have just told me I was signed up for them.
  • Not taking my education seriously until my second year of grad school. Up to that point, I never really had much use for it (in spite of one college degree and three years of teaching).
  • Not taking those geeky computer courses in high school (only the uber-geeks did that in the day).
  • Not taking care of my body in my teens. The discipline of athletics and fitness were lost on me, and I'm paying for it now.
Anything else "bad" in my life came about because of other people, or because of bad decisions on my part. If I could go back and make some different decisions, I probably would, but I don't regret anything in particular associated with my decisions made. It's a moot point, anyway. Which is why I don't really spend any time looking back and wondering "what if..." That's basically a waste of time.

5. Boxers or briefs?? (and patterned or tighty whiteys)
  • Briefs. Tighty whiteys. And make no apologies for it!

No comments: