Thursday, April 03, 2008

On the Tip of My Tongue HNT

Ever have that experience where you hear a particular word, and all of a sudden, you hear it all day, and in conversations, and on the news, etc.? It's happened to me in just the past couple of days. I think it started on Sunday, when I was listening to John Philip Sousa's "Stars and Stripes Forever" (as an aside--the finest march ever written). Nothing quite like the piccolo solo to stir the patriotic pot!

Then I had to stop off at one of the local music stores on Monday. The name of the store? Piccolo's Music. Can you see where this is leading? Not quite? I continue...

I was talking on the phone with Jessica yesterday. Out of the blue, she asks me if I've seen the Orbit Gum commercial. The one with the following script:
woman 1: you son of a biscuit eating bulldog
man: what the french toast
woman 1: you think I wouldn't find out about your little doodoo head cootie queen
woman 2: who are you calling a cootie queen you lint licker
woman 1: pickle you kumquat
man: your overreacting
woman 1: no Bill overreacting was when I put you convertible into a wood chipper, stinky mcstink face
woman 2: you hoboken
Orbit Girl: fabulous, new orbit raspberry mint cleans another dirty mouth, for a good clean feeling no matter what!
No. I don't know what it means. But it seems pretty nasty. And a word that seems so familiar. I'm beginning to feel like Richard Dreyfuss in "Close Encounters of the Third Kind". Things seem to mean something, and it's almost clear, but not quite there. Then I go to Q's site. She had a post up earlier in the week about watching "The Grand Ole Opry" to catch the performance of Kellie Pickler (and some other hick...).

I just don't know what it is, but something has been on the tip of my tongue all week (or tip of my nose, as the case may be...).

(no, I didn't eat them right after this. really!)

This week's Mystery Guest is someone I've been following since late 2005. She was sort of hit and miss with HNT, and then she moved from the east coast to the west. And she disappeared.
Until one day I was perusing blogs, and lo and behold! There she was! I left a comment wishing her a Happy Chinese New Year, which must have caused a spark, because she's been back with a vengeance! She's no longer the east coast college graduate, but now a west coast artsy-fartsy type. She even listens to Rachmaninoff! In spite of what you see here, she's a fan of "interesting" underwear, and we've gotten the benefit of seeing some of it... She's also described a most sensual version of eating a hard-boiled egg. None of this "peel and eat" for her!
We'll reveal who she is Thursday afternoon, but as always, if you think you recognize her, stop by and say hi! Ooh! This one stumped most of you! These pretty hands belong to Lucia at "Living the Change". Stop by, check out her site, and welcome her back to HNT!

"...the Other HNT" continues to draw all sorts of people. And the comments are getting more frequent. Yay! Be sure to stop by this week's and let them know your appreciation! And yes, it's NSFW over there!
Ran across an interesting site today. There have been feable attempts over the years to mimic or spoof HNT, but this one makes a pretty good stab at it. Unfortunately, I don't think he's going to want to keep it going...
Do the names Foxglove, HappyKap or Shora ring any bells?

No comments: