Sunday, October 08, 2006

Damn, damn, damn, damn, damn

As previously forecast, my hard drive died. Complete with all data, I think. This morning was going to be spent dealing with backups, replacing the drive, etc., etc. I should have done it last night. I'm currently running off of a backup drive from February, but I really need the past month's stuff. I'll have to do some fancy footwork to recover it all...

Anyway, until I replace the drive, I'm only going to be able to do some intermittent surfing during work. No chatting, IM, emails--nothing while at home. Maybe I'll get the housecleaning done that so desperately needs to be done!

Just when you thought it couldn't get any better... The laptop fell to the floor (not too far) but dragged the external drive with it, whose corner hit the monitor screen. I now have a crack extending the full length of my 17" screen, with a beautiful impact point in the midst of it. Andi--did this cause you major problems??

No comments: