Friday, June 10, 2005

Another great HNT!

Our biggest and best "Half-Nekkid Thursday" to date! New players, daring poses, and a non-human entry! We had it all! I've sprung for the $20/year to get the upgraded version of Blogrolling, so now I've got HNT participants listed in a separate roll over there in the sidebar. If you haven't checked them all out, you need to! Some are great (and I DO mean GREAT!), and others are just putting their toe into the water to check things out, and that's fine too! For future "Half-Nekkid Thursdays" I'll place new links in that roll. If you see/hear of one that I missed, let me know and I'll add them.

PeeMan has two new targets. There's a story for Ticketmaster that I'll get to at a later date. I got the tickets--just had a real hassle with them. I won't name the gentleman getting an earful. Some of you might recognize him. Let's just say it was a request. I had mentioned earlier that I wouldn't take requests, but I've changed my mind. If you really want me to do it, ask me and I'll see what I can do. No more than 2 PeeMans per week--one for me, one for you.

A humbling experience as I was perusing the various sites--I was pretty proud of the fact that I had over 150 hits today. Far more than any other day in Bloggerworld. Even more than St. Patrick's Day! And I notice that my sitemeter counter was sitting at 3600 and counting since Jan. 21st! I was feeling pretty cocky, until I see someone's in the 8000 hit range since mid-April. And someone else's poll question had over 100 responses to it. And another blog consistently had over 30 comments for every post. Suddenly I felt small. Very small. Then I looked over Blogrolling's Top 100 list for the past hour. I didn't recognize a single blog. NOT A SINGLE ONE!! Then I start hearing Carl Sagan's voice talking about "billyuns and billyuns of ....." It was at this point that I realized that, for as diverse as we all are (Canadian, Texan, Montanan, et. al.), with our little private links from here to there, we are an insignificant part of a vastly huge community. But you know what? We have "Half-Nekkid Thursday"! And that's a good thing!

If I don't get a chance to post anything else soon, I hope you all have a great weekend!
iTunes: Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy, Elton John

No comments: