Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Quick Break in the Action...

Figured I'd better get something written now, as I'll be putting in a 16-hr. day with set-up, staff meetings and rehearsal. My busiest week of the year has commenced...
A bit of housecleaning around here with weekend things that didn't get mentioned yet... Gucci's beloved Bobcats (the ones from "the bet") were seeded #4 in the FCS playoffs. They got a bye for the first weekend, and hosted North Dakota State in the quarterfinals. And got hammered 42-17. Being the nice guy that I am, I emailed her immediately after the game, knowing full well she didn't really care. I should have done a second phase to the bet...
Not all was dismal for football in Montana. The Carroll College Fighting Saints beat St. Xavier University to make their 7th trip to the NAIA Championship Game since 2002, winning five national championships in that time! Their fourth championship was in 2005--a game I watched in Tennessee, along with the first ever OsTour! The game's been moved to Rome, GA now, so any of you in the area should go and root for the Saints!
Got a wonderful package in the mail today. I ordered the new Blue Ray/DVD combo pack of Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 on Friday through Amazon, and it was in my mailbox on Monday. Very excited about that!
For as exciting as that was, it didn't hold a candle to the other package I received Monday. I got my first Christmas letter, Christmas card and Christmas treats of the year. And all from one person! The lovely, charming and surprisingly domestic (don't tell her I said that) Gucci! The letter was printed on card stock! Not that cheap paper you buy at Staples! And she actually hand wrote a couple of things to me (all sweet, other than the unnecessary "Go Cats" at the end. Obviously she sent this out before their embarrassing showing)! Then an endearing handwritten personal card (even her penmanship exudes Gucciness). But the prized jewel in all of this--homemade sea salt caramels! Each one individually hand-rolled! You can even see her fingerprints in them. One might initially consider that an odd gift to a diabetic, but Gucci knows that one a day isn't going to kill me. I get to string these out throughout the month! But I had to try one as soon as I opened up the cute little Christmas bag she put them in. The woman has skillz! On top of all that, I have her address now, so I know exactly where to go creeping when she's in the hot tub. Be jealous, people!


(For those of you who are curious--no, we're not having a torrid affair or anything like that.
In spite of the fact that I've mentioned her by name more in the past 2 months than I have anyone else out here!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sweet... You are a lucky man and Gucci you are awesome. Love your work!!

Gucci Mama said...

What do you mean we're not having a torrid affair?? Are you just toying with my affections? HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN LAUGHING AT ME, OS?

So glad you like your goodies. Since your praise of me was so glowing and fabulous, I'll even forgive you for calling me domestic. ;-)

Love ya!

KittyCat said...

Your having an affair? I thought I was the only one. : (

Anonymous said...

I've never seen Fantasia. Well, I did see a young lady working the pole at Ten's and I think her name was Fantasia.

heelsnstocking said...

Aww I want a letter from gucci! Sounds awesome! I will stay pleased with her virtual visits to me at 21years and sane words that are needed!

I bought my first gifts the week and now in panic mode as the weather has turned bad and shops not getting restocked easily.

Don't work too hard x