Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sarong to Summer HNT

For the past couple of years, Lecram has celebrated the pending end of summer with his "Sarong to Summer" HNT. And others have joined him in the celebration. I haven't participated in it, because the instructions on how to tie a sarong have always seemed daunting, and I just didn't have the time to try it. But this year, I was determined to figure it out.

But things seem to be working against me. "Sarong to Summer" implies that the days are getting cooler and the leaves are changing and all that. Well, we set new record high temperatures for the past two days, and anticipate one more. The nights aren't getting too cool yet, and the trees have yet to turn. It is most definitely summer in these parts still.

So the karma is against me. I tried. I really did. I read a number of "how to" articles. Nothing helped. I have accepted that we just have too much summer here to say "Sarong". In fact, I'd say it's "Sarong" for me to even try....


On the plus side, I think I've got my Halloween HNT taken! If you've joined in with your own "Sarong to Summer" HNT, be sure to let Lecram know--he's making a list!
"I'm just trying to be a father,
Raise a daughter and a son,
Be a lover to their mother,
Everything to everyone.
Up and at 'em bright and early,
I'm all business in my suit,
Yeah, I'm dressed for success from my head down to my boots,
I don't do it for money, there's still bills that I can't pay,
I don't do it for the glory, I just do it anyway,
Providing for our future's my responsibility,
Yeah I'm real good under pressure, being all that I can be,
And I can't call in sick on Mondays when the weekends been too strong,
I just work straight through the holidays,
And sometimes all night long.
You can bet that I stand ready when the wolf growls at the door,
Hey, I'm solid, hey I'm steady, hey I'm true down to the core,
And I will always do my duty, no matter what the price,
I've counted up the cost, I know the sacrafice,
Oh, and I don't want to die for you,
But if dyin's asked of me,
I'll bear that cross with an honor,
'Cause freedom don't come free.
"

This week's Mystery Guest will not be revealed.

Another good week at "..the Other HNT" this week. Be sure to stop by at some point and leave a comment or two! Your fellow HNTers would appreciate it! (still NSFW!)
I got a friend invite on FB the other day from a former HNTer from the old days. Anyone remember Goobrgrl? She shared a shower with me about four years ago, back when my camera was stolen! She sort of disappeared on us for awhile, but seems to be back (no link--I didn't get permission). However, she did steer me to her CafePress page. There might be something there that might interest you! Now if we can just get her back into HNT!
Don't forget that this Saturday is "Talk Like A Pirate Day"!! Arrrrggghh!

No comments: