Thursday, September 24, 2009

They're Not Gonna Like Me HNT

For those who don't regularly stop by (and I can't imagine why you wouldn't...), the comment box seems to have some attitude this week. If it appears that it's not loading you can either reload, or just wait for it. The other hassles I mentioned in the last post seem to have fixed themselves.
I've been watching about the rains and floods down in the Atlanta area, as well as most of the southeast. It made me feel guilty about writing this post. Almost.

We have had some wonderful weather around here for September. The skies have been clear, the sun has been warm, and the nights have only recently gotten cool. It is well known that we should be out enjoying it, as it could change on a dime. And because a certain blogger has shamed me into getting out to at least walk around the block (I'm losing weight for some reason, which makes me think I should help it along...), I've been enjoying this extension of summer into fall. It should reach 90° by mid-afternoon today. And not a cloud in the sky. I even did something today that I haven't given myself a chance to do all summer--lay back in the newly mown grass and just watch the gentle breeze in the trees above me. Didn't even bother to see if there was any deer poop around! So here I am! And no apologies for the squint...the sun was in my eyes!




Somedays won't end ever and somedays pass on by,
I'll be working here forever, at least until I die.
Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't
I'm supposed to get a raise week, you know damn well I won't.

Workin' for a livin' (workin')
Workin' for a livin' (workin')
Workin' for a livin', livin' and workin'
I'm taking what they giving 'cause I'm working for a livin'.

Exerpt from "Workin' For a Livin'" - Huey Lewis & the News


Our Mystery Guests are getting a bit shy these days. This one won't be revealing herself either. Of course, if you know who it is (and either you do or you don't--there's not really any ground in-between), feel free to drop her a line!


A bit low on numbers this week for "...the Other HNT", but still a nice collection! Stop by and check them out! Still NSFW!
Expect to see much more in the upcoming days--the 8th Annual Blogger Boobie-Thon is getting geared up! The dates this year are from October 1st-7th. Stop by their site soon. It's still in construction stage for this year, but still has links to prior years if you want to see what it's all about! And expect to see many of your fellow HNTers participating (for $50!).
I stopped off to see my parents yesterday afternoon. Dad's doing much better than he has been, but still has some respiratory problems he's dealing with. Anyway, it's the middle of the afternoon, and "Ask Our Doctors" was on TV. Why? I don't know. But Mom was reading and Dad was probably napping before I came in, so I'm sure they weren't even aware of what was on. However, the episode was answering sex questions. Nothing like having a conversation with your 70-something parents while guest Dr. Ruth is waving sex toys around in the background!

No comments: