Thursday, August 20, 2009

Windy HNT

Apparently, a tutorial is needed for the comment box. There's two main ways to do this so that you don't have to include your URL as part of your comment. First off, replace the word "Guest" with your own blogname. Seems obvious, but there were 5-6 "guests" last week! Secondly, click the word "From". You are given a list of options, and this is where you need to make a decision. Ignore all but two of the options. Trust me on this!
  • Your first option: "My Blogger Account". If you choose this, you'll be taken to a new window, and it will need to confirm who you are, login info to Blogger, etc. Obviously, if you use Wordpress, this isn't your option. If this option is chosen, then when you leave a comment, others will have to click your name, another box will open, and invite you to come to your Blogger site. Why it doesn't just go there...? I don't know.
  • Your other option: "My Other Site". If this option is chosen, then when you leave a comment, others will have to click the arrow-like icon next to your blogname, and it will jump directly to your site.
Obviously, the second option is much easier. I recommend it. Does this information remain every time you come to visit? I don't know. I hope it does. And why don't I just revert back to Blogger's comment options? I've tried. I've eliminated all Haloscan/J-S Kit code, but Blogger's code is either missing, or tied in with the other code. Of course, I could move everything over to the "new" Blogger (I just realized that most of you don't even realize there is an "old" Blogger!). If there's still alot of problems next week, I might have to bite the bullet...
"Wind blowing in my hair
I feel like a millionaire
Radio is blasting strong
We're breaking out in song
Blazing trails both near and far
Park my car behind a star
Life is full of possibilities..."
excerpt from "In My Car" - Beach Boys


I do love the feel of the wind in my hair.
I lov.....Oh! Wait! What's that??
AAAAaaaccccckkkkk......!


Boy, I searched all over the internet to find some sort of poem or lyrics that would weave the cute pink hearts and skulls together for a nice clue as to who our Mystery Guest would be. Almost everything I found had to do with Myspace layouts for Emo girls. So I checked the Urban Dictionary, and the first definition said this: "Genre of softcore punk music that integrates unenthusiastic melodramatic 17 year olds who dont smile, high pitched overwrought lyrics and inaudible guitar rifts with tight wool sweaters, tighter jeans, itchy scarfs (even in the summer), ripped chucks with favorite bands signature, black square rimmed glasses, and ebony greasy unwashed hair that is required to cover at least 3/5 ths of the face at an angle."

That made this easier! Our MG is more into hard rock, isn't 17 years old, she does smile, doesn't wear black square rimmed glasses, nor have ebony greasy unwashed hair! Hope that helps! Come back Thursday afternoon to find out who it is!
Our definitely NON-emo, NON-17 year old MG is Jobthingy! Be sure to check out her HNT!

A nice group of submissions for "...the Other HNT", as always! Be sure to stop by and check out your fellow HNTers! Balanced mix of guys and gals this week, too! As always, NSFW.
Since I'm in a bit of a pimping mood this week, I should mention that Bad Bad Girl is running a contest over on her site to celebrate her upcoming blog anniversary. Lots of prizes from some of the best toy stores online. And since this is BBG, you can pretty much figure we're not talking Slinkys or puzzles or games. Easy to enter, easy to win! Stop by and see what you need to do!

No comments: