Friday, August 07, 2009

Friday Fill-Ins: #136 and other stuff...

My apologies to everyone who came by Thursday and were faced with the new comment box. Trust me, it was as much a surprise to me as it was to you! Remember how Haloscan was bought out by someone who had no clue what they were doing? Well, they've now been replaced by someone who might. I've poked around a bit, and it seems like this new service should be ok, just in need of getting acquainted with it. Most of you came through with flying colors, but some of you didn't get your URL added. Don't be afraid of it. It really does want to play nice!
OK, I had to laugh Thursday as I'm reading the reports of Twitter being down! And how none of the Tweeters could twit each other that it was down (forgive me if I'm using the wrong terms)! And the next "best" thing, Facebook, was experiencing problems. What did these poor people do all day? Did they actually have to...WORK? Did they actually have to eat lunch without letting everyone else know? Has our society degraded to the point that losing Twitter for a day was looked upon as an internet catastrophe??
Remember the sunburn HNT from last week? Well, I've been peeling. Badly. I could sell 1" squares of my skin on eBay. I have to wipe down the top of my desk at work to get rid of the flakes. Interestingly, just my right arm. OK. I think I'm through being disgusting for this post.

And...here we go!

1. Gin & tonic is my favorite summertime drink, after beer.

2. My favorite John Hughes movies is a toss-up between Sixteen Candles and Ferris Bueller.

3. My newly shaved head is something I love to touch.

4. The full moon makes me feel refreshed.

5. Left then, right now.

6. When daylight fades, I think of all the things I didn't actually get done.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to grilling some steaks, tomorrow my plans include watching the rain/lightning and Sunday, I want to make a decision on whether I'll be making a road trip next week or not!

No comments: