Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Stuff, and TMI Tuesday #200 (Happy Anniversary!!)

Have you noticed the somewhat new commercials for Fruit of the the Loom? The Apple playing guitar down the school hallway. The Apple crooning at the piano. The Apple singing in some sort of world music ballet. And of course, the old one where the Apple is singing a duet with Vince Gill. Do you think the other fruits get jealous playing second banana? So to speak?
TMI ALERT! Had a very strange weekend. I simply could not quench my thirst. My total intake for the weekend, from Friday afternoon through Sunday night: 8 quart bottles of Gatorade (various flavors), 2 gallons of chocolate milk, and close to another 8 quarts of water. I just could not get enough, whether it was during the day or the middle of the night. Of course, then, I peed close to once an hour for the weekend. Once every 75 minutes during the night. Which means I didn't get any decent sleep. And lots of bizarre dreams... Yes, I know I should go to the doctor. Lord knows I'm at that age when certain exams should be routine. However, I'm one of the 47 million uninsured, so I won't be doing that any time soon. At least not before Obama's paying for it! On a side note--things have been "normal" since I woke this morning. Just thought you'd like to know.
In spite of my troubles this weekend, I was able to do a couple of nice things for a couple of different people, thanks to some help from some other peoples. I like it when things come together!

Before I answer--congrats for reaching #200! It's not an easy thing to continue a weekly meme for almost four years (I should know!). And if one were to explore the world of memes, there's not too many that have made it this long. Yay for us!

1. What is the longest you have been in a monogamous sexual relationship? [For the purpose of this question monogamous is defined as no sexual partners that your significant other does (did) not know about.] - It was a long time ago, but maybe three years?
2. If your current relationship would fail, do you have a back-up for physical or emotional comfort? - Not in a current relationship, nor do I have a physical back-up. Emotionally, there's one or two who I can dump on, though I don't do that too often.
3. Can you be "just friends" with someone when there is an unrequited sexual attraction? - Since this has pretty much been the story of my life, I can definitely say yes. In some cases it's pretty hard to do, but it can be done. Doing it now, as we speak!
4. In a assumed monogamous sexual relationship have you ever cheated, been cheated upon or been a knowing third party to the infidelity? [For the purpose of this question monogamous is defined as no sexual partners that a significant other does (did) not know about.] - Never, to any of the above. Oops...that's not true. I have been the third party at one time.
5. Historically, what has caused the most arguments in your relationships? - Honestly, I can't ever remember having been in a relationship where there were arguments. Perhaps it's old age that's set in, but I really don't. Perhaps that's why it's difficult for me to get into an argument with some of my online friends. I have a lack of experience with it.
Bonus (as in optional):What do you want from a partner in a long term relationship? - Trust, commitment, acceptance, communication, flexibility, love, and a trust fund. Not necessarily in that order.

Be sure to check out the other TMIers!

No comments: