Thursday, May 24, 2007

Concert Time HNT


Again, inspiration for HNT this week comes at the last minute. As mentioned earlier, I purchased a handful of tickets to see Chicago in August. Guess what came in the mail today?!?

As a horn player in a primarily horn band, Chicago is one of those bands that I can listen to ad nauseum and never get tired of listening to. They celebrate their 40th anniversary this summer. And of the original seven members, four still remain with the band, including the three members of the horn section. And that's where "the sound" comes from.

I've seen them in concert three times already that I can think of: Spokane, WA in 1971; Bozeman, MT in 1974; Big Mountain Ski Resort (near Whitefish, MT) in 2001 or so. While their sound has remained consistent (except for those dreadful years in the 80s), they have rearranged some of their songs. Some remain true to the original versions from 30 years ago. There's some comfort in that, I think.

I tried to find audio clips, though there wasn't much. "Color My World" brings back a flood of memories--it seems appropriate. But I'm still partial to songs like "25 or 6 to 4", "Beginnings" and "State of the Union". Pretty much anything from the 70s, actually. Thank God they didn't jump on the disco bandwagon!

So here I am with my 10 tickets, ROW 2, for the concert. I just hope there's not another "must see" concert this summer! As a favor to The Celibate Nympho, you can click on it to get a different picture.




I LOVE this week's Mystery Guest! Not many of us willing to go half-nekkid outdoors! And the camo tank top, in case she had to hide--a nice touch!

This MG is a proud mom to two kids. She's a knitter, and a bike rider, and a party animal, in every sense of the word. She does love her girls (take that any way you want...)! She's going to reveal herself tomorrow afternoon, but feel free to stop by her place to say hi!

Not that this is much of a surprise, but the MG is the quirky and beautiful Biscuit! Stop by and say hi!


"...the Other HNT" has some new people joining in this week. It's definitely NSFW this week!! Be sure to stop by and leave some comments!
The Graduation Picture Contest will be ready shortly. Hopefully by the morning. All I need to do now is come up with a kick-ass prize...
If you don't come by again, have a great Memorial Day weekend (US peeps). Don't drink and drive! But have fun!!!

No comments: