Thursday, April 12, 2007

Early Birthday HNT


In uncharacteristic fashion, I haven't made a big deal about this coming weekend. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I, Osbasso, will be turning 50 years old. Half a century. AARP-eligible. And if you estimate that the American male lives to be 75 years old, I'm leaving middle age, and entering old age.

The good news, of course, is that I don't feel that old at all. The common reaction I get is that I don't look that old. I like that. I certainly don't ACT that old! I think that the years of high school and college teaching has kept me around a younger crowd. Young at heart and all of that.

"You're as young as you feel..." Not sure about that one. The body doesn't do all the stuff it used to. Some of it does stuff I don't want it to. Not that I was ever a great physical specimen, but I'm in better "shape" than many of my classmates. Clean living, I guess!

My family celebrated my birthday last weekend. A combined Easter/birthday thing. Nothing outrageous--just family. Except the ones who were out of town. We had to do it then, because I'll be out of town this coming weekend. I've alluded to it a little, and I'll fill you in soon, but I'm celebrating!

So here's parts of my celebration. Lots of black balloons and over-the-hill party favors. I even dressed in black (didn't even think about it!). First picture is Mom. Looking as good as ever. And the other one is of my nieces and nephew. They get their good looks from their uncle, of course! And the mess on the table? That nasty confetti stuff that we'll be picking out of the carpet for months...


For any of you who were caught unaware that my birthday is almost here, and are scrambling for a birthday gift--the "Collection" would be a wonderful place to contribute! Yeah, I may be getting old, but I've got a one-track mind!



Sometimes you get a Mystery Guest that you'd like to have week after week after week. This is not her first time as the MG, but she snuck in because I didn't have anyone else to use. She doesn't do HNT on a regular basis anymore, but from time to time, she'll surprise us! She's not going to reveal herself (anymore than she has here in her Fruit of the Looms--or does she?), but I think she'd probably cop to it if you emailed her and asked!




"...the Other HNT" enjoyed a great anniversary celebration last week, and seems to have re-energized the submissions. We even got someone who hasn't been around HNT for over a year, and a series is completed! As always, NSFW!
I'm going to be running a contest in May, which I'll give you details about next week (assuming I live beyond the weekend...). I'm in need of a prize, though. Any suggestions?

No comments: