Sunday, January 07, 2007

One of Those Rambling Posts

Thank you to those of you who emailed me or left me a comment wondering if I was OK (Hi, Heather!). It's nice to be missed! The absence wasn't due to anything other than a lack of subject matter. Sort of like this post! I just didn't have anything to write about!
My participation in Musical Monday is on hold until Castpost pulls its head out of its ass. I see Hipcast is acting up too.
Some of you have noticed something different with the Mystery Guest posts. Unfortunately, I don't have anyone stepping up to the plate this week...
I'm having odd issues with Google and Gmail. For the past two nights, I've gotten some sort of Apache/Linux test page or something. Or that little box you get that says they can't find a certain page. I spent numerous hours shutting down and restarting my computer, which seemed to help. Just quitting the browser did not. And it happened on both Firefox and Safari. Add to that some unreliable power issues around town (severe winds knocking out power), and I found that I couldn't chat or update my blog. Yahoo kept cutting out because of the power, and surfing was hardly smooth. It was better today, but still seems just a tad slower. Anyone else have Google hassles???
I did have a couple of really good chats today. Funny how that always cheers me up! Especially when I read a certain something from one of them. Big smiles on my end!
Didn't expect the Cowboys to win this weekend, but not in the way that they did. Quite frankly, that was the only game I had an interest in all weekend. Next week's matchups should be good though! I got into a Fantasy Playoff game, and actually did fairly well this week. I'll keep you posted.
Weather here has been fairly mild, due to the fierce chinook winds that blew through. Unfortunately, we're supposed to have highs somewhere below zero by the end of the week. Blech...
I get to spend Monday and Tuesday nights being a judge for the local high schools' "Night To Shine". This is a talent show/fundraiser for the DECA clubs at both schools. Doesn't sound like much, but it's turned into a huge event. It's sold out the auditorium (2,300 seats) for the last 5 or 6 years. There's so much interest that they've had to hold two nights of auditions--which is what I'll be judging (I'm one of 6 judges). A local credit union underwrites the whole event, though it's gotten so big that they really aren't needed anymore. Twenty acts make it to the show. We'll audition probably close to sixty. And there's probably thirty that could make the cut. That's where things get nasty. I love it!

No comments: