Friday, June 12, 2009

Friday Fill-Ins: #128 and other stuff...

Dad's back in Billings right now. Apparently they didn't zap his pacemaker the last time he was down there (which makes me wonder why he was down there the last time--I really need to talk to my parents more...). Anyway, it's fairly routine, and should be back late Friday afternoon. His 76th birthday is Monday, so we'll do the family birthday/BBQ (sorry, M!) thing on Sunday afternoon. He seems to be doing much better, now that he's ambulatory!
Was disturbed by something on Thursday. A case of blind sheep, really. Now, I'll be the first to admit that HNT is similar in that regard. You guys will generally do whatever theme I might call up. But that's just for fun. What bothered me yesterday were the actions of a particular blogger that I would consider inappropriate, somewhat self-serving, and quite possibly unwelcomed. And the number of people that followed suit was just as disturbing. I know I'm not the only one that feels the same way, but I wonder if we're in the minority. The actions taken certainly weren't malicious or anything like that, but I question the intent. Confused? I do what I can!
Spring is making another attempt at making itself known around here. After the snow on Monday, it's been getting warmer each day, and the sun is coming out more. Hope it's a continuing trend!
Still plugging away on this music transcription I'm working on. I've finally gotten all the actual notes entered, and am now concentrating on including dynamics, articulations, and all the little detail stuff, as well as proofreading it all. Long and a bit tedious, but I'm almost done!

And...here we go!

1. I grew up thinking, then decided it really wasn't worth it.

2. By "here", I'm assuming the FFI site to pick up this week's sentences, so Rumblings and Bumblings was the last website I was at before coming here.

3. Why don't you and I call it a day and start the weekend?

4. The sound of water in motion not only makes me want to pee, but it helps me relax.

5. Thanks for the mammaries.

6. Snottiness is very off-putting.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to hopefully finishing this transcription, tomorrow my plans include spending money I don't have and Sunday, I want to drink beers with my dad to help celebrate his birthday!

No comments: