Sunday, June 11, 2006

That's Purty...

I saw this on Leesa's site last week. I found it fascinating, but confusing. Particularly, what was being used for the data? Well, I found the following chart at *Pixie's* site. Then I saw it at the bottom of the graphing page (duh).
    What do all the colors mean?
    blue: for links (the A tag)
    red: for tables (TABLE, TR and TD tags)
    green: for the DIV tag
    violet: for images (the IMG tag)
    yellow: for forms (FORM, INPUT, TEXTAREA, SELECT and OPTION tags)
    orange: for linebreaks and blockquotes (BR, P, and BLOCKQUOTE tags)
    black: the HTML tag, the root node
    gray: all other tags
I found it somewhat fascinating to watch them being charted. And I found that the charts aren't absolute. If you refresh, it will come out looking different. The "flowers" are still there, but they are intertwined differently. I think the effect also is to avoid lines crossing, and I imagine, given time to complete, that would be the end result. But some of these looked good even with the crossings. And sites that you would expect to be simple or complex were just the opposite!

I'm not geeky enough to look at the graphs and decide that some need more tables included (red) or anything like that. I just think they looks purty! You can go here to make your own! Be sure to click on these to get the full effect! (NOTE: it's a time-consuming process. Fun to watch at first, but it'll take while)

My site, and my gmail site:


"...the Other HNT", and the site of a very popular HNTer:


apple.com and blogger.com:


google.com and yahoo.com:


sitemeter.com, and my flickr.com friends page:


and finally, two more popular bloggers:

No comments: