Thursday, December 27, 2007

Year's Favorite HNT



"It's just weird, you know, when you have a picture of how something’s gonna be, and it turns out completely different."~~Author Unknown



That was my post on July 19th. It's my favorite of the year because of the fact that precious few of you caught on to the hidden meaning. At the time, I was in the midst of putting on the symphony's summer concert, dealing with triple-digit temps, smoky skies and general stress. While most of you assumed that the quote was related to the less than perfectly framed picture, it was actually much more...

A year ago, you might remember that I hinted at a relationship. Hell, I even went all out on Valentine's Day and had red, pink and white hearts for a background and officially proclaimed that I was in love! I also mentioned that it was going to be difficult, since we lived quite a distance apart. Distance finally took its toll, and on the morning that I took that picture, I found out that there was someone else. Someone local. Someone that was able to bring her happiness on a physical, tangible level. While my head told me that this was a good thing for her, my heart wasn't as willing to let go.

Things are better now. I'm certainly not bitter. I don't hold any bad feelings towards her. She's found happiness she hasn't known for a long, long time, and I'm a much happier person than I was before all of this because of her. So all is good. I still occasionally wonder, "what if...?", but not like I used to. Anyway--there were only one or two of you that caught the reference to the quote, and knew what was up. And it was a way to sort of wash away the the hurt. And the sweat and the smoke, too!



NEW YEAR'S EVE
D.H. Lawrence

There are only two things now,
The great black night scooped out
And this fire-glow.


This fire-glow, the core,
And we the two ripe pips
That are held in store.




Listen, the darkness rings
As it circulates round our fire.
Take off your things.

Your shoulders, your bruised throat!
Your breasts, your nakedness!
This fiery coat!

As the darkness flickers and dips,
As the firelight falls and leaps
From your feet to your lips!

(pssst....click it!)
Since this was a "favorites" HNT, I decided to use my favorite MG of the year.
The one and only Crimson. Those Texas girls do it up right!


As anticipated, "...the Other HNT" is a bit sparse due to the holidays. Still, it's NSFW! Stop by and check it out!
For those of you who only come by on Thursdays--have a fun and SAFE Happy New Year! For the rest of you, come back later and I'll say it to you!
Forgot to mention the "Collection"! Read the details on that about 2 posts down! You don't want to miss out on that!!!

No comments: