Thursday, December 20, 2007

Three Christmas Wishes HNT

Back in December of 2005, HNT was in the midst of a meteoric rise in blogdom. For a project that had a projected half-life of maybe two weeks, it had become a phenomenon. During that month, literally hundreds of people joined in each week on the half-nekkidness. And it was continuing to grow. I figured it was about time to take a collective breath and slow down before the new year. That's when I came up with the Three Wishes idea. With all the hustle and bustle of the season, it was a nice way to be a little serious, and didn't require a picture!

My Wishes for 2005 worked out pretty well. One blogger conceived almost the same week I wished for her husband's swimmers to man up and get her pregnant. The second blogger had twins later in the year, a new boyfriend, and her life improved considerably, and the third blogger and I came to a silent understanding of our friendship.

I didn't have the same sort of luck last year. One blogger disappeared a month later, the second one ended up not needing her wish (though her life took a dramatic upturn), and the third blogger dissolved the relationship he had going, thus negating my wish for him. I hope I do better with the Wishes this year! So without further ado...



My first Christmas Wish is for Oblivion, from Day In the Life of Oblivion. She's just recently started a new job, and is required to be out of town for days at a time for training. She's loving it, but it keeps her away from her computer. Which means she's not able to post as much, or make the rounds of her favorite sites. Oh, she can't do her work either. So my Wish for her is a brand new 17" MacBook Pro. Because she may as well have the best laptop out there, right?

My second Wish goes to my favorite Londoner--Charlie, from Pookalookaville. It hasn't been a great couple of months for her recently. Lots of things on her plate. My Wish for her is a nice, big, Bozo the Clown punching bag, so that she can take out her frustrations with life on it, rather than beating herself up.
As a bonus Wish (and sort of selfish)--a new camera lens of her choosing, so she'll continue to take such freakin' great pictures! And a second bonus Wish (and totally selfish here...)--an English-American dictionary. She uses more words and phrases I've never heard of...

My final Wish goes to the kids of Blissfully Wed over at Our Epidermis Is Showing. We've all enjoyed the pictures of the two of them, but their schedules seem to keep them apart far too often to get any pictures together. SO...to the both of them--a 2-week long Caribbean cruise. No kids, no cares, and lots of time together. I'll assume they'll bring their camera...


Hope all of you have a very Merry Christmas!
This week's MG is one of the longest participating HNTers around. I'm not sure exactly how she got involved, but she's done well over 100 HNTs! (112, at the last count!) She's gotten a little tamer with her HNTs over time, but there's always an eyeful! She certainly marches to the beat of a different drummer, and apologizes to no one about that. I think that's why I like her! Someday I'll get to meet her and the clan! I'll reveal her Thursday afternoon, but you can stop by and say hi to her if you know who it is!
This week's MG is the longtime HNTer Monkey! Be sure to stop by when you get a chance!

The spirit of the season hit early at "...the Other HNT"! I had numerous submissions early on, which is always a good thing! We've got a couple of new people over there, and it's most definitely NSFW! Be sure to stop by and leave some comments!
Jamie Lynn Spears is pregnant. How much more redneck can this family be??
Don't forget the theme for the last HNT of 2007! Details found at the link at the top of the sidebar!

No comments: