Thursday, May 25, 2006

Shroud of HNT

A common gripe/complaint that I hear from regular HNTers is how difficult it is to come up with an idea for HNT on a regular basis. Believe me, I share the sentiments! I somewhat envy those who plan out their pictures, complete with extras, and get them done a day or more in advance. Of course, I was also envious of those who always had their homework done on time in high school. But I digress.

Once in awhile, as the ticking of the clock gets louder and faster, I find that some of my best HNTs are the ones that come at the last minute, or totally by accident. Case in point--remember this HNT pic from a couple of months ago?

My creation

This is one of the few that I took time with. To use the Flickr toy that was used to make this, I needed all 16 pictures in the same folder on my hard drive. Fair enough. I went back to this folder over the weekend to try something else--to experiment. I am clueless about using Photoshop, though I hope to learn. I do have a thing called Graphic Converter that was preloaded with my Mac. So I thought I'd play around with it. While I was waiting for the program to do whatever voodoo it would do, I saw an option that said "Merge pictures in folder". I figured, what the hell!

I am in no way comparing myself to Jesus, or the face of the individual that appears on the Shroud of Turin (depending on your own faith/beliefs). I just found it sort of eerie that they look sort of similar. Kinda. I don't know why the program used the inverse images to merge, but it's a pretty neat effect. I may have to spend some more time experimenting!



This week's Mystery Guest is a long-time HNTer. She's not afraid to tell things like they are--no punches pulled! She loves her TV--especially Grey's Anatomy, Lost and House (now THAT'S original!). She loves Water. She loves Chicken. She loves HNT. Gmail has been a bugger, so I don't know if she wants to reveal herself, so email her if you think you know who it is.
Oops! A little late to tell, but alot of people figured out who it was during the day. Of course, it was Sam over at Sam's Stories. Stop by and say hi to her!

Don't forget to check out these early posters: Foxglove, Kitkat, Fame, Aughra and Moose.
Don't forget to check out "...the Other HNT", and please feel free to leave a comment! The participants would certainly appreciate (and deserve) it!
Please turn off your word verification for the day!

No comments: