Saturday, May 20, 2006

Enough of that...

While I liked the whole lilac theme, I couldn't take it for a full week. Mind you, I still love lilac-smelling, and things are pretty good right now, but I couldn't look at that much longer! It'll come back briefly next spring, I think...
THANK YOU to all of you that sent congrats, thanks, etc., etc. for the HNT Anniversary! Some of you went all out! Thanks to some of the old-timers for coming out and doing a special one. And thanks to some of you who did your own "special" one!
I'm down to only one more month's worth of Mystery Guest pictures. If you want to jump on the bandwagon, get a picture sent to me!
While I'm not short of submissions for "...the Other HNT", I'm finding some of the same people doing it from week to week. I know there's many others of you who have considered it. Why put it off??
The final symphony concert of the season is tonight (Saturday). I'm going to be SO relieved! It's been a difficult year--alot of tension from all sides. We've got a meeting on Sunday afternoon--sort of an open forum for all sides to find out what's planned for next season, air out some gripes, and generally listen to each other. Though I think it's overkill, we've got a retired federal mediator who will be running things. At least that will keep us on a time schedule. I haven't decided how to approach things at the meeting. Being both a musician and being on the staff, I'm sort of in my own little cloud between "us" and "them". I could keep my mouth shut and just absorb things (which is what I've done for years), or I could get into some nasty, finger-pointing bitchiness, which is what I'd really like to do... In any case, the concert should go quite smoothly and quite well! But, damn, I'll be glad to be done with this season!
Really, REALLY big hugs out to a certain someone. You know who you are. Wish I could help you out on this one...
To those that I have normally corresponded with over the past two months--I hope to get back at that. April was a non-existant month for me (topped off with the Caribbean), and May has been spent dealing with this final concert. Expect the emails, chats, etc. to pick back up!
I've heard a rumor that the OsShirt is being sent to a new location! Hope to be able to update you on that, as reports come in....

No comments: