Monday, May 15, 2006

Anniversary Week - get those pics in!

Lots of things going on this week, including two major anniversaries (well, major to ME, anyway), the last symphony concert of the season, and making some travel plans for the near future. So here's my "stuff" for the start of the week--

Thursday, May 18th is the 26th anniversary of the eruption of Mt. St. Helens. I did a somewhat lengthy post on that last year, including my relationship with "Volcano Girl". If you are so inclined, you can check it out here.
The other anniversary, of course, is the 1st anniversary of the start of Half-Nekkid Thursday. A reminder to all that for the "theme" this week, we want to see your very first official HNT picture (even those of you who have just started!), and a second one showing you in some sort of celebration of the anniversary. Balloons, confetti, streamers, champagne, noisemakers, etc. would all be considered appropriate! For those of you who misread things and celebrated last week, I hope you'll try again THIS week!

Not quite sure who the Mystery Guest will be--they haven't been chosen yet--but I've heard from a number of the "legends" who have dropped out for one reason or another and persuaded them to do a special anniversary HNT. It should be a wonderful day!
"...the Other HNT" continues to draw more people as it gets discovered! If you're interested in submitting a picture, please send it ASAP to: hntanon@gmail.com. I'm going to be pressed for time and won't be able to extend the deadline too much for this week, and I currently have NO ONE submitted for this week yet! Some of you expressed an interest in doing an anonymous one for the anniversary. If that's your plan, please send it soon!
The reason I'll have no time this week is because of our last concert of the season. We'll be doing (for those of you who might really care...) Barber's "Overture to The School For Scandal", Brahms' "Variations On a Theme By Haydn", and the Vaughan Williams "Sea Symphony". Nothing out of the ordinary as far as preparation--just the same old routine of concert week. I'll be very busy, and trying to draft my own HNT at the same time! Crimson is going to once again be kind enough to actually do my posting for me. Thanks, babe!
Spent Saturday night at S3's house with S2, S3, and their husbands, reminiscing about the Caribbean trip. By "reminiscing", you realize that there was some good drinking going on... We're ready to go back again! I was there again on Sunday, where we all gathered with Mom & Dad, the neices and nephew, and BIL3's mother and brother. Steaks, beer, wine, sun (85 degrees!), no wind, more stories, games of catch, pictures, plans for a 50th anniversary party for the parents, lots of B.S.-ing, and generally a great day! I need to download the pics I took. Not sure if there's anything interesting there or not...

No comments: