Monday, May 15, 2006

Ah, Spring!


Forgive me for the change around here, but Spring has hit me smack dab in the face! It's currently 85 degrees out, the trees are greening (and blooming), there's blue skies, not a lick of wind, and within the past day or two, the lilacs have started flowering! And that's what's done me in--the lilacs. There is nothing like the smell of fresh lilacs. It's a shame that I'll only get to smell them for a couple of days...

Excuse me if I'm not quite myself for awhile. The official signs of Spring have finally shown up in a huge way, and for the first time in months, I feel damned good! Bring it on, world--I'm ready for you!!

(UPDATE!) Funny how the good things seem to happen at once too! At rehearsal last night, I ran into an old friend that I went to college with, but had lost contact with. She happened to be in town to visit her sister, who's a member of the Chorale, and tagged along to the rehearsal. Her husband and I played in rock bands together in college, and I introduced them. The last I knew, they were on the east coast (now in NY), he's a Lt.Col. (commander of bands @ West Point), and the oldest of their daughters is a freshman in college! For a rehearsal that I was not overly excited to go to, it turned out wonderfully! It's the lilacs, I tell ya!

No comments: