Thursday, December 10, 2009

I Love Tchaikovsky HNT

Nutcracker rehearsals started Tuesday night. I had forgotten how much I really like the music. And not just the dances that everyone recognizes from the Nutcracker Suite. The music of the first half of the ballet (most of which is NOT dancing!) is, to me, by far the most exciting. There's war between mice and soldiers, there's the Christmas tree magically growing bigger, there's the snow falling... all with incredible music. Tchaikovsky certainly knew what he was doing!

However, the bread and butter of Nutcracker are primarily the dances of the second act. My favorites are the "Russian Dance" (amazing, if you get a really athletic dancer), and the "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy" (seen here). The picture is from a couple of years ago, when I sprained my finger (hence, the fine masking tape splint thingy). That's the strings' part that my fingers are on, with the harp part up above. Without question, the Sugar Plum Fairy is my favorite character in the ballet. :-)
Unfortunately, if you're reading this, it means that there was a glitch with the Mystery Guest. It does bring up the opportunity, however, to mention that you don't need to wait for me to ask you to be the MG. If you're interested, just let me know! We'll talk...
As noted in the past, it almost seems like the OHNTers get together and come up with a theme. This week's would be 'boobies'. Go check them out. You'll like them. Leave some comment love, too! NSFW, as usual.
Don't forget the THEME ALERTS for December! The start off next week with the Christmas Tree HNT. Click on the link at the top of my sidebar for all the details. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you're unsure of what to do. Especially for the second theme. Always seems to be confusion with that one...

Pimping that needs to be done:
  • Many of you have been to Amorous Rocker's site. And know all about her toy reviews (which are great!). Well, for Christmas, she's doing something different and is needing your help. She's still working with toys, but these are the ones that will go to Toys For Tots. You can check her initial post about this at the top of her site. She's got some updates, too, and promises some half-nekkidness! She's already started buying toys with donations that have come in, and will be going out shopping again this weekend. For as tough as the economy is for many of us, imagine it for the kids. Stop by, donate some money (doesn't have to be a fortune!), and ogle her HNT(s). It'll warm your cockles...

  • A reminder about the photographer looking for models in the NYC and DC areas. You can read the details on Moll's site, as well as see the first of the pictures he's taken of her. She's also going to be using them for her HNTs for the next few weeks. Any of you who might be interested/available should check him out!


  • Go vote for Trojan. The glitch from last week has resulted in a different way of voting. One has to register, but there doesn't appear to be any spam coming from them. And once you've registered, you can still vote once/day. She's still in the top part of her age group, so keep voting!





This is set to auto-post, so I hope it does! I'm sure I'll hear about it from someone if it doesn't! Which seems like a silly thing to actually write, since if you're reading this, it obviously posted... I won't be around a great deal due to everything associated with Nutcracker, but I promise to get to everyone as soon as I can! Have a great weekeend

No comments: