Thursday, July 09, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy HNT!

Busy, busy, busy. As mentioned earlier this week, I've come to realize that the big summer concert is only 10 days away. And I am SO not ready. But this is when I shine. In spite of some people who would disagree (M), I am very much a last minute sort of person. Everything will fall into place in time. And since writing that earlier, I really have gotten some things taken care of. Though I found out that my go-to guy for the piano move died in May...oops. Things are falling into place as expected. Good thing, as I've got company coming this week (yeah, there'll be pictures, I'm sure). And I need to put in some serious practice time with my horn, which I haven't touched since the end of March (EEEK!). I plan to write more next week of the concert. It should be another good one!

I took this as I was at the storage unit, checking out the equipment and counting music stands. If you question my nekkidness, I'll have you know that I wasn't wearing any pants at this particular moment (really!).







"Be thou the tenth Muse, ten times more in worth
Than those old nine which rhymers invocate."

--Sonnet 38, Shakespeare





This week's Mystery Guest is a blast from the past. Well known to most of us who have been around for awhile, she was one of the founders of Fuck You Fridays, which was well-used in the day! She'll be revealed late Thursday afternoon.
Our MG this week is the lady known only as Muse. She's not blogging much anymore, but still checks us out and wanted to give back some. Hopefully we'll get to see more of her!

Might be a little sparse over at "...the Other HNT" this week. I'm not sure. Having to get everything done ahead of time means that not everyone will have sent in their pictures. But the ones that ARE there are wonderful! Be sure to stop by and check out your fellow HNTers!
The other big excitement this week is that I've been chosen as a "Nielsen" family! Yeah, I'm part of the weekly group of people that determines what America is watching on TV this week. As most of you know, I don't "do" TV. But I'm faithfully keeping the little diary log with what shows I'm watching and when. If you notice a radical change in what TV looks like in the near future, you can thank me!

No comments: