Thursday, January 15, 2009

Springtime in the Rockies HNT

I hesitated about this week's HNT, but it really comes at the right time. To my friends in the midwest and points east...I apologize. And for what, you may ask? While you poor people are suffering in the midst of a nasty cold snap (thank you, Alberta), we have been basking in the spring-like temperatures as high as the 50s. The cold that WE experienced here in early December is just a forgotten memory. The snows that WE experienced have pretty much melted down to just where it was piled into 6-foot high banks, and those are now dirty and black mounds from being splashed with mud and road spray. Joggers are out in shorts, water drips off of rooftops like rainfall, and squirrels are scurrying around, able to stretch their legs after six long weeks of being cooped up in their nests (do squirrels have nests?). I'm certainly not naive enough to think that this is going to last, or that we won't get dumped with a foot of snow before spring officially comes, but right now, it's a nice respite from our early winter! And honestly, I watch the news, the weather channel, the football playoffs, and a smile slowly crosses my face, knowing that for the next full week (according to weather.com), we'll be in the mid to upper 40s! Springtime in the Rockies. There's nothing like it.

One of the things that is bothersome is that while the main roads in town are cleared of snow, the streets on the hillsides let their snow melt downhill, causing some wet streets. Not enough to really be wet, but wet enough to throw up a fine mist when driving behind someone. And here's the result. My windshield last night. And yes, to be a purist, I was half-nekkid behind the wheel. What? Can't see me? Click it to see a better filtered picture (sort of like those color blindness tests!).


"Bettin' that her skin smells
Better than the scent of
Every flower in the desert
Come on

Dirty little lady with the pretty pink thong
Every sugar daddy hittin' on her all night long
Doesn't care about the money she could be with anybody
Ain't it funny how the hunny wanted you all along

(You naughty thing)
You're ripping up the dance floor honey
(You naughty women)
You shake your ass around for everyone
(You're such a mover)
I love the way you dance with anybody
(The way you swing)
And tease them all by sucking on your thumb
You're so much cooler when you never pull it out
'Cause you look so much cuter with something in your mouth

She loves the night scene, bar queen
Just livin' for the fun
Takin' over every dance floor
Like she's the only one
In the spotlight, all night
And kissing everyone
And trying to look so innocent
While sucking on her thumb
You're so much cooler, when you never pull it out
So much cuter
With something in your mouth"
--Nickelback
By request, no reveal of this one this week...
Some new faces (so to speak) over at "...the Other HNT" this week. Be sure to stop over and leave some comments! Definitely NSFW!
It came to my attention this week (as I was scurrying to find me a Mystery Guest) that many of you assume that you have to be asked to be one. Nay, I say! In the early days of the MG, I had enough names waiting in line that I would draw a name out of a hat (and yes, I was geeky enough to do that). Anyone who wants to be MG, will get there. If you're interested, let me know!

No comments: