Monday, January 19, 2009

No witty title today...

Before I get going here, a little bit of trivia for your edification... The French word for 'paper clip' is 'trombone'. The French word for 'trombone' is also 'trombone'. Just thought you'd like to know.
Spent much of the weekend working on keyboard parts for the gig this weekend. Hope nobody's expecting to be impressed...
Made a rather large online purchase on Saturday, only to have customer service call me on Sunday to tell me that they couldn't verify my billing address. Not sure what the problem is. I've never had a problem with them before, and nothing's changed. Of course, their customer service isn't running 24/7, so I'll be making the call first thing in the morning. I really hope this is a minor problem... EDIT: As expected, it was a minor glitch that was easily resolved. Still don't know why a red flag was raised in the first place, though...

Went to bed WAY too late Saturday night. I'm not a big YouTube surfer, but I wanted to watch some videos of Leonard Bernstein conducting one of his more difficult pieces that we'll be doing in March. It was late, and I don't know exactly how I got diverted, but I must have spent 2-3 hours watching old Carol Burnett and Johnny Carson clips. They just don't have comedy like that on TV anymore...
How 'bout them Cards?!?
I find this sort of strange. I saw a commercial at some point this weekend for Martha Stewart's show, where she'd be showing us fun food ideas for your inauguration party. WHAT??? People are actually going to have parties before noon to watch the inauguration? From the way it's being talked about, people are making this a four-day weekend, culminating with the always-popular, pre-lunch inauguration party. I just don't have the spirit, I guess. Yes, I understand it's historic, but c'mon... Will companies allow their employees to gather around the TV in the lounge for an hour? Will all business take time off so that we can experience this? I'm sorry. If something great is said, it'll be on YouTube within 15 minutes. If not, within thirty.

Don't even get me going on how apathetic people are about MLK Day up here.

No comments: