Friday, August 15, 2008

Good News! Bad News....

I got some good news last night!
  • I don't smell funny!
  • Nor am I socially inept!
  • Nor am I a total embarrassment to be around (partial?...perhaps)!
Dana and her son will be coming back through Helena tonight on their way home. And still want to get together for dinner! I haven't decided if we'll try Howard's Pizza tonight (with the requisite cold beers), or if we'll go the baseball game (we have a very minor league baseball team here), complete with the requisite hot dogs and cold beers. Maybe some vlog material and/or pics, too!
Since I was hosting them last week, I missed out on this news--Isaac Hayes died! (so did Bernie Mac, but that doesn't affect me as much) I didn't see it mentioned on the blogs anywhere! Have we all become so self-centered that we couldn't at least mention him? The man who wrote one of the most recognizable movie songs of the 70s!?!
    "Who's the black private dick
    That's a sex machine to all the chicks?
    SHAFT!
    Ya damn right!

    Who is the man that would risk his neck
    For his brother man?
    SHAFT!
    Can you dig it?

    Who's the cat that won't cop out
    When there's danger all about?
    SHAFT!
    Right On!

    They say this cat Shaft is a bad mother
    SHUT YOUR MOUTH!
    I'm talkin' 'bout Shaft.
    THEN WE CAN DIG IT!

    He's a complicated man
    But no one understands him but his woman
    JOHN SHAFT!"
Just when you thought you'd never hear from him again, he comes back in glory as "Chef" in South Park. I really hope they do some sort of tribute episode for him! Please enjoy the last of his big hits! Edit--I thought there was an actual video with this, but apparently not. This song only was found on CD, so this is the best visual you'll get...

No comments: