Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Gross Alert.....

There's a light at the end of the tunnel. No, it's not a train coming at me, or a proctologist's scope, or even the gates of Heaven opening up. I can almost breathe again! Oh, sure. The tunnel is still snot-encrusted, and I wheeze like a beast perishing for love (I googled that one!). But I'm about one day away from feeling better (I hope).

I've been in a NyQuil-induced coma/haze since Saturday morning, and I haven't been around much. The violent coughing finally hit--where you double over like you're about to puke, and then feel chunks of your lungs coming loose. Where every muscle contracts and spasms. Where the phlegm (one of the greatest words ever) sort of sits in a pool and gurgles with each breath. Yeah--I've had plenty of time to come up with these descriptions! But I've had no desire to surf or chat--I must be sick. Thanks for checking up on me though. I do appreciate it!

No comments: