Thursday, April 13, 2006

Birthday HNT

Be sure to check out the new blog, "...the Other HNT". There's a couple of special birthday pics and a nice Easter picture over there!
So this is my pre-birthday HNT post. Others have posted pictures of themselves in their birthday suits on their birthday, and I'm not one to buck the trend. I tried to think of something profound to write for this last birthday before I hit the half-century mark. I'm not sure how profound I'll be. I started thinking of things that many of you might take for granted:
  • When I was born, there was not a single man-made satellite in the sky.
  • I have lived through 10 different presidents, 6 Popes, and 2 new States.
  • I vividly remember the day President Kennedy was assassinated.
  • I vividly remember the day Apollo 1 burned, killing its crew.
  • I watched the first and last steps man set on the moon.
  • I still have my first 8-track tape, and have a working player in storage.
  • I remember my first Stingray bike.
  • I actually lived during the 50s. Don't remember the 50s, but I was there!
  • I remember the day we got our first color TV.
  • I remember the summer days when my parents had no clue as to where I was, and that wasn't a bad thing.
  • I remember gathering around the TV with my friends to watch "Dark Shadows".
  • I remember my first set of Clackers.
  • I still have the first 45 that my parents bought me ("Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In"--Fifth Dimension)
  • I remember seeing the first performance of the Beatles on the Ed Sullivan Show.
I could continue, but you get the idea. All in all, it's been a decent 49 years. Not stellar, not exceptional, but not wasted away, either.

This entire month is kicking me in the butt, and then my computer problems compounded things, so I had to come up with something appropriate. These are pics from the first months of Os. No comments about the color please. Color prints tend to fade with time--I'm just glad they still exist! The first two are when I was about 2-3 months old. And there I am in my full nekkidness! Maybe I'll try to re-create that one some day! The one with my dad is when I was 6 months old (and he was 24!), and we were living in St. Louis while he was in dental school. Go Cards! And the last one is from my 2nd birthday. Please note the lovely drapes!!








This week's Mystery Guest is a longtime HNT participant. I've had the pleasure of talking with her on the phone a few times, and she continues to rub it in about how she's been enjoying her springtime for the past month or so. In keeping with the "mystery" part of Mystery Guest, she's decided not to reveal her identity. This makes it difficult to write much more. If you think you know who she is, she'll probably tell you if you email her!














Normally, I wouldn't bump the MG order to allow in a new photo, but I got a special request for this week's Mystery Guest spot because she wanted to do a birthday theme for me. How could I argue? She never told me exactly what was behind the bow, but told me to use my imagination. The little heart is a nice touch, too! To my special birthday MG, I thank you!







We've got some early posters who won't be around tonight. Be sure to check out Boo (who actually waits until just after midnight in her part of the world!), Aughra (who's pregnant, tired, and goes to bed early), and EroticFae.
Turn off your word verification for the day!

No comments: