Thursday, May 29, 2008

Brown-Eyed HNT

This is one of those HNT's that just didn't work out quite the way I wanted it to. The idea was sound, but the execution just didn't match. As a result, and a quick scramble, this is what you get.

I've never quite known how to answer when I'm asked my eye color. The first obvious answer would be brown, but if you really try to examine it, you'll see that there's a variety of colors. A little bit of green, a little bit of yellow, and a total absence of blue. Of course, the photo doesn't lend itself well for that deep examination either, but take my word for it. :-)

(Feel free to leave plenty of comments about my long lashes!)

Earlier today, our Mystery Guest sat in the hot California sun, in a black cap and gown, and received her diploma from the great state of California.

She's done this while also working full-time, raising a dozen kids (or something like that), and authoring as many blogs (or so it seems!).

Her commencement ceremonies were webcast, and I did get to see her cross the stage! I'm happy to report that she actually graduate, she didn't trip (while on camera, anyway...), and she wore a little more than she was here.

No question she's an asset to the class of 2008! I'm sure you've got a good idea who it is, but she'll be revealed Thursday afternoon. Be sure to stop by and offer your congratulations!
Many of you know who the MG is, or thought they knew... This is Julie, of Julie, Do Ya Love Me??? fame. Which may come as a surprise to you! Stop by with your congratulations!

"...the Other HNT" is a bit more testosterone-infused than other weeks, but there's a little bit of something for everyone! Definitely NSFW, so be warned!
Summer is almost here. This week isn't cold and rainy like last week, but there's flood warnings for much of the state. I'd say that by June, the nice weather will be here. Time for BBQs, corn on the cob, potato salad, ice-cold beer, and plenty of time to do nothing. I'm good at that! Hope you're all getting as excited for summer as me!
One bit of bad news. I turned in my digital cable box Tuesday. You may remember that it was my cable company's way of "apologizing" for the problems they encountered while switching to full digital capabilities. Free upgrade for 9 months. Well, that ended, and given the fact that I had 15 free movies I could have gotten on demand, and never used them, I turned the equipment back in. I never bothered with the many channels available to me. The past few weeks I listened to alot of the big band/swing music channel, but I've already got more music available to me than I know what to do with. So the bad news? I can't find the original remote for my TV! The cable box's remote had to go back with it. So now I'm forced to get up and change the channels manually until I find it again. Or break down and buy a $10 universal remote. At least I've got an exercise plan now! Can you feel the burn??

No comments: