Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Tagged...

Got tagged by Bekah. It's been awhile, so why not? Here's the rules (simple, aren't they?):
    1. Get tagged
    2. List five things that have not been revealed on your blog.
    3. Tag five others.

All of a sudden, this just got alot more difficult. What hasn't ever been mentioned on my blog?? You KNOW it's got to be boring if I haven't mentioned it at some point...

1). Borrowing from Bekah, sort of... If, and when, I play keno, I generally play the same four numbers--15 (birthdate), 57 (year of birth), 69 (year man set foot on moon...), and 75 (year of HS graduation). I have yet to win a combined total of $50 in all the years that I've played.

2). When I was young, probably no older than 8, my grandfather took me ice skating on a pond at his friend's ranch. There was a hole in the ice, and a sled over the top of it so we'd avoid it. No one told me what it was there for, so I skated right up to it, and fell in. Fortunately, it was only up to my chest there, but it scared the bejeezus outta me.

3). I got my first and only bee sting at the same ranch one summer when I pulled an apple off the tree, and the bee was on the back side of the apple. Stung me in the palm. Hurt like a sonofabitch.

4). I had a paper route for about 3 years when I was a young teenager. On my birthday one year, my dad, grandfather, and girlfriend's dad all showed up at 5:30 AM to take me on my route. Dad went back to bed, the gf's father did the route with me, and my grandfather took me to breakfast.

5). My youngest sister and I went Christmas tree hunting about 20 years ago (because in Montana, you go hunt your own--none of this tree lot nonsense). After about 3 hours of unsuccessful hunting we started home. Then we saw it! The most remarkable Christmas tree ever! The bad part was that it was at the top of a 30+ foot tree. So we cut it down. That's a huge sin around here. But we had the best damned Christmas tree ever!

I rarely tag anyone, but I'm feeling plucky today:You're it!

No comments: