- Cranked out three songs last night in the span of about 3 hours. It's pressure, but once I get deep into it, the stuff just flows...
- Famous people seem to die in threes. Though at this writing, John Wooden hasn't passed on yet, it seems that it's inevitable. Miss Ellie, the world's ugliest dog of 2009 finally put us out of our misery. And Rue McClanahan of the Golden Girls. Didn't you just know that Betty White would outlast the rest of the Girls?
- Wednesday night, while finishing up OHNTs I was watching ESPN. Well, ESPN was on the tube. Celtics vs. Lakers. Which confused me greatly, since I didn't think the Finals started until last night. Well, they were replaying a game from the Final from TWO YEARS AGO! WTH?? My lack of give-a-damn certainly came shining through!
- Speaking of sports... Should Bud Selig overturn the umpire's atrocious call and give Armando Galarraga the perfect game he rightly deserves?
- In two vastly different emails from different people, I was called "gentlemanly" and "a nice guy". I can live with that.
- Over the past weekend, I had the ringer on my phone turned off. If I hadn't, I would have been able to take the 1AM phone call I got. Reverse look-up told me that it was an unpublished land line in Atlanta (meaning it was 3AM there!). I checked with the handful of people I know from the area, and they all denied calling. Did I get a drunk call from one of you people???
- Got word a couple of nights ago that I'll be having a house guest (apartment guest?) at the end of the month. All she requests is that the bathroom be clean. Well, I'm just a little too proud for that, so Operation Scrubdown starts this weekend. Squeezed in there somewhere between music writing, rehearsals and staff meetings. More to come about this one later on.
- Noticed a sad trend with HNT. Yesterday there were only 48 "I'm ups". Forty-eight. Let me say right off the bat that I'm not approaching this as a comment whore. I could care less about the numbers on my own posts. But my HNT posts are more for YOU guys to come back to and see who else has joined in. Why the downturn in numbers? Right off the bat, it appears that people are forgetting. Plenty of HNTers who have been doing this for awhile forget to come over (or opt NOT to). Depriving many of us, particularly the newbies, from finding them. Also taking a hit, though minor, from those whom I apparently pissed off with my "sexblogger" rant a few weeks ago (which also shows me that they didn't really read all that I wrote...). Some of them took their gloves and balls and bats and made a new place to play. Whatever. Some of you play on both fields, which is nice. I'm not ready to consider that HNT is dying out, as I've seen this thing ebb and flow for years. But it's just odd to see less than 50 comments for something that once regularly garnered over 300!
- I've mentioned this before, but I hope you guys are coming back to check out those who posted later in the day. There's been some wonderful HNTs that have gotten posted later on Thursday!
Friday, June 04, 2010
Time for Bullets!
Some stuff in my head from the past few days:
Posted by Osbasso at 6/04/2010 09:05:00 AM