Thursday, May 28, 2009

Stinky HNT

Before I jump into HNT, I thought I'd share a picture of Mom and the kids on Mother's Day. It's readily apparent that I was just a test sample. The good looks were taken care of with my sisters... S1, Me, S3, S2 and Mom. Dad was still chair-bound with a vacuum hose sticking out of him. I don't know what's up with the dolphins, so don't ask... Enjoy!

Apparently one of the things that happened last week while I was away is that Spring actually took hold here. Temps have been in the upper 70s/low 80s, there's been an appropriate amount of appropriate moisture (no more late snow storms!), the homeless guys are more prevalent at the post office and other public venues, and best of all, just about every tree and bush has budded! According to my co-workers, it all happened in one day. In the morning, sticks. On the way home, leaves!

So here I am, enjoying one of the bushes outside my apartment. I might be smiling here, but it stinks really bad. I have no idea what it is, though I'm thinking the deer peed in it...


Oberon:
"My gentle Puck, come hither.
Thou rememberest since
Once I sat upon a promontory,
And heard a mermaid on a dolphin's back
Uttering such dulcet and harmonious breath
That the rude sea grew civil at her song,
And certain stars shot madly from their spheres,
To hear the sea-maid's music?"
Shakespeare--A Midsummer Night's Dream ~excerpt~


I don't really know what that says, or if it fits, but anytime I can quote Shakespeare...

This week's mermaid will be revealed Thursday afternoon. Be sure to come back to see who it is!

The Mystery Guest this week is long-time HNTer Chickie! Check out her amazing HNT this week, then spend some time in her archives. She may be the only one of us out here with a freeze-dried chihuahua!

Lots of submissions for "...the Other HNT" this week, partially due to leftovers from last week that didn't get in on time before I left. Be sure to stop by and check them out! As usual, NSFW!
Some of you have asked about the OsShirt. In particular, where is it, and when will we see it again? I'm happy to report that OsShirt v3.0 has made an appearance and will start showing up again this summer! Look for it at a blog near you!

No comments: