Thursday, October 08, 2009

Top 10 Symptoms of Type 2 Diabetes HNT!

From the Mayo Clinic:
  1. Increased thirst. triple check
  2. Frequent urination. triple check
  3. Increased hunger. not yet. actually, decreased hunger
  4. Weight loss. check
  5. Fatigue. oh, yeah
  6. Blurred vision. sorta comes and goes, but yeah
  7. Slow-healing sores or frequent infections. nope
  8. Areas of darkened skin. nope
  1. ___
  2. ___

Some of you have noticed that I haven't been around (see #5). These symptoms have been coming on over the past few weeks. Things have escalated recently, particularly with # 1 and #2. My mouth has been going dry for weeks. Not so much dry, but pasty. To the point of needing at least a sip of something to allow my tongue to un-stick from the roof of my mouth. At night, I can suck down quarts of water at a time. Unfortunately, that means that I'm up all night to pee it out. About every hour or so. Which allows NO time to get into a decent night's sleep. I now know what it's like to have a newborn in the family...

What I'm finding now, however, is that there's far more liquid pouring out than what I'm putting in. That has to do with #4. Liquids are coming from other places, hence the weight loss. And Mayo says that as my cells are deprived of sugar, I'll get tired and irritable (meaning I'm not online much--Boobie-Thon doesn't even interest me!).

Before you all jump my ass--I have an appointment Thursday afternoon. All these symptoms can also be explained by other things. On a positive note, I've quit drinking Diet Coke w/Lime for over 6 weeks. All I've been drinking has been water. As a result, I think I'm flushing all sorts of toxins out. My knees haven't felt this good in ages!

Finally, I was awarded the Good Read award from Saucy Wildcat a couple of weeks ago. I've been putting it off, but I figure this list was good enough. Even though it only goes to eight.

And to show that I'm losing weight...this was taken just before I posted. The shorts are the same ones that I started out the summer with and are fresh out of the drier, so they don't have that "stretched-out" feel to them. And I'm commando, if that interests any of you. Yeah. I need to see the doctor...





A bit of a twist to the Mystery Guest this week. Back in the Golden Age of HNT, we were graced with the participation of a young woman named Trojan. She was/is a model/actress/and a body building fanatic. And I believe she's the only HNTer who has her own listing at imdb.com! Be sure to click through for another picture...

Currently, she's involved in a contest with ELF Cosmetics, who are looking for the "face" of ELF. She's going for the 30-something "face". It looks like the contest runs to the end of the year, so feel free to vote daily!!! The link is here. You get to see her lovely face over there, too! Go there now! And go there often!




Interestingly, lots of newbies at "...the Other HNT" this week! Go check them out! And leave some comment lovin'! As always...NSFW!

No comments: