Monday, October 19, 2009

Monday stuff

Some people have asked, so here's a couple more details about things...

My doctor isn't ready to say that I've got type I diabetes (juvenile), though I am having to use insulin. Four times a day. Hopefully, I can be weaned off of it through diet and exercise, but that's going to take awhile. Additionally, he's got me on medication for high blood pressure (which has been borderline for years), and for high cholesterol (which has never been high when tested). So my days are now spent on a strict schedule of needles and test strips and alcohol swabs.

The current thing that's bothering me is my vision. It is totally out of whack, but I can expect that to clear up over the next 4-6 months. In the meantime, I have to use 1.5 reading glasses just to focus on distance (I know...seems backwards), and 3.25 readers just to be online. And to read paperwork (of which there's a great deal). I'm just now getting back to some sort of online routine, though it's still sort of funky trying to focus.

So that's it for an update. I've been at work, and I've done some symphony stuff. I'm not quite up to speed with the symphony set-ups, so I'll be doing alot of supervising this time around, letting others do the actual work.
On a lighter note...does anyone else like the Geico pothole commercial as much as I do?? I don't know if it's the voice, or if I can envision an actual person to that voice, but I'm hooked. Though Flo still wins my heart...

No comments: