Thursday, September 25, 2008

Walk Thru HNT

I walked out the door of my apartment, and there it was. A white piece of paper, 8 1/2" x 11", taped to my door. This rarely bodes well. It means a raise in my rent, or some silly new regulation for the complex, like no cigarette butts in the parking lot, or quit feeding the deer, or whathaveyou. Or sometimes, you get the one that I got yesterday morning:
NOTICE TO ALL TENANTS:
A realtor is going to do a walk thru of all the units on Friday, September 28, 2008 between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and noon. You do not need to be home for the visit.
I HATE these walk-throughs. I could leave everything as is--I'm a bachelor. They can deal with it. But can I? I'm thinking not. Even with people whom I'll never meet, I want to be thought of in the best light I can manage (gosh, could he be referring to his bloglife, too???). Which means that, in the next two days, I have to clean my place to within an inch of its life. Sandblast the bathroom. Try to pick up all the crap I have in piles in the living room. Vacuum/dust the entire place. I have NO idea what to do with the bedroom. So here I am. Phase One. They probably won't even come through my place...


The interlocking forms, separated and assembled incessantly by the company, evoke a multitude of abstract landscapes, from mountain to city. Giant, monochromatic, seemingly implacable, they particularly bring to mind urban images from Fritz Lang or kafkaesque themes, as the dancers handle, mount, straddle, slip between them, and are ultimately trapped between or under them. They demonstrate the human power to overcome obstacles with cunning in addition to physical strength, and perhaps above all with a commonly directed energy.

This couple will not be revealing themselves this week.


Continuing to get new people to submit to "...the Other HNT"! It's definitely NSFW, as usual. Please stop by to check them out! These ARE your HNT friends!
Another mention about the NYC Sex Blogger Calendar. If you're interested in reserving a day, I think they need to have you purchase it by Oct. 1st (printing deadlines, and all...) Tess, over at Urban Gypsy, wrote the following:
About a month ago a little bulb went off in my head. A blogger calendar, thought I. A SEX blogger calendar. A NYC SEX BLOGGER CALENDAR! To benefit a good cause? Yes! Enter Sex Work Awareness, which will receive all profits made from this idea that birthed a calendar.

You can purchase the calendar at their site, New York City Sex Bloggers 2009 Calendar. You can even (for an extra charge) sponsor a day! Details are on the site. Give it some thought!
The 7th Annual Blogger Boobie-Thon starts up in SEVEN days, not the 11 I said yesterday! Starts Oct. 1st. You'll hear more about it here, but if you're interested in showing your boobies for a worthy cause (fight against breast cancer), check it out and submit a picture or two! (for those of you who participated last year, did you get any sort of invite or notice from them?)


Has anyone had problems getting onto Wordpress blogs today??
I was going to mention this earlier this week... Gas prices fell over 25¢ in the span of a week. Twelve cents in one afternoon! From $3.89, to $3.63 as of today. What the hell is up with that?? I know that many of you have lower prices. That's not what the complaint is about. It's the arbitrary drop in price, by such increments. I really hate the way the game is played...

No comments: