Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Goodbye, Yellow Brick Road

Tickets went on sale online for the Bozeman show at 10AM, local time. I got to the right page, and started refreshing my window at 9:58, just in case they opened a smidge early. You need to do that to get a jump on the crowd. At 9:59:45-ish, I got in! I ordered 6 tickets (the max) for me and some friends. At the higher price of $87.oo (plus fees). Damned cheap for Elton John, I'm thinking. I type in their robot-detecting code "word". The next screen up screams "ERROR--server too busy". WTF??? The short story--I ran into that same screen for a full 43 minutes. It would let me tantalizingly close to purchasing tickets, even to the point of "searching" for my seats. But then the "ERROR--server too busy" window would come up. At 10:43 AM, local time, I got a new window:

"There are no tickets available at the price or quantity that you have requested"
I even went back to try to purchase tickets in pairs, or even as singles. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. I believe that every hick Montanan that ever got laid to an Elton John song was online this morning. Myself included. Ignore the fact that I was late for work (I've got great bosses..).

I checked eBay, and there's pairs of floor seats available for both Missoula and Bozeman. Starting bid @ $500. I hope they choke on them.

No comments: