Sunday, September 23, 2007

8 Random Things

I've done this a couple of times, but it's always good to force yourself to dig a little deeper, regardless of how boring it might be! I was tagged this time around by Some Mexican Chick.

The rules:

1. Link back to the blog that tagged you. Thank you Chick!
2. List 8 random facts about yourself;
3. Tag 8 people, listing their names, linking to their blogs, and asking them a question they have to answer on their blog;
4. Let them know they’ve been ‘tagged’ by commenting on their blogs.

Eight Random Facts About Me:
  1. I still have my canceled checks from 1979 (first year of teaching). For you young'uns...back in the day, the bank sent you back all the checks you wrote each month.
  2. I can wiggle my eyebrows independent of each other, or together, if necessary.
  3. I rarely wear a watch, and find that I don't miss it. But when I do wear one, I find I check it excessively.
  4. I have never had a migraine headache.
  5. I have addressed an audience of almost 20,000 people (that's almost 40,000 eyes!).
  6. I have 38 blogger's phone numbers stored in my cell phone.
  7. I have chased down a car of punk kids to return to them the bag of garbage from McDonalds that they tossed out of their window at a stop sign.
  8. My second toe is longer than my big toe. Nothing spectacular about that. Just random.
You know full well I'm not going to tag anyone.

The other part of the tag that SMC included was a question for each of her "tagged" to answer. My question was, "You've inspired a multitude of people to reveal themselves through Half-Nekkid Thursday. However did you come up with that idea and how long do you plan to keep it going?"

The easy answer to the first part can be found here, about halfway down the page ("The Beginnings"). How long will things continue? As long as people are interested in doing it. We get new people joining in every week, and we slowly lose some each week. Obviously, it peaked out about 18 months ago, with over 300 people doing it at the time. But the number has remained steady at around 100 each week for quite awhile. I think there will be a day when we'll have a splendid finale. Maybe to be replaced by something else. Maybe not. It'll be a wait and see.

No comments: