Monday, September 13, 2010

Stuff, once again...

  • Saturday was a long day. Up early to load the equipment truck, unload it, set up for symphony rehearsal, rehearse, lunch, rehearse, tear down rehearsal, load equipment truck, unload it, show up late for family BBQ (which turned out not to really be a bbq, but it was nice to see everyone in the family!).
  • Home in time to watch my Griz lose their first regular season game in years. That sucked.
  • Sunday was spent watching NFL. It's going to be an interesting season!
  • Remember my story about the Delta ticket voucher? Many of you insisted that I write to Delta about it. Couldn't hurt, could it? So I did. Still haven't heard back from them. However... I ran into a friend about a week ago who happens to be...a Delta ticket agent! I stopped by to see her this morning, and guess who now is in possession of a $400 ticket voucher?!? I've got some ideas, but will entertain suggestions!
  • Mom's sister was in town this weekend, and used Mom's computer to show her grandkid's pictures from their Facebook pages. Guess who's now looking at getting her own FB page...
  • Stayed up late Sat. night and watched a couple of 9/11 specials on the History Channel. Still brings a tear to my eye.
  • Then as I was about to hit the sack, I ran across Comedy Central, and they were running an uncensored Richard Pryor concert. Later in his career. Post-self-immolation. And one I hadn't seen before. I had forgotten how wonderful he was as a comedian. Needless to say, I didn't get to bed terribly early.
  • Monday Night Football. Double-header. Does it get any better??

6 comments:

Emmy said...

I got to hear Richard Pryor's daughter speak for an MS event once. She was a riot to listen to - and you could hear so much of her dad in her delivery. Love Richard Pryor.

Congrats on the upgraded voucher!! :)

JM said...

About the only thing missing was knocking the top off a few frothies (Australian for drinking beer) although you may well have done so. $400 airline coucher, nice work! Don't think it will get you to Aus but you never know your luck!

Cheeky Minx said...

I hate to say I told you so about complaining... You know that's a blatant lie but I know you'll forgive me. :P

I see JM has beaten me to the punch suggesting Oz. But if you hitch your wagon to the Oprah bandwagon you might just make it here. Strangers things have happened... xx

Leah said...

Hey good news about the voucher! AND - Richard Pryor was brilliant. Always one of my favourite actor/comedians xx

Ms Scarlett said...

If your Mom is anything like a few of my aunts, watching them learn to use facebook is very entertaining....

Yay for $400 travel vouchers!! Wouldn't it be awesome if the news didn't filter upward and you got another one direct from Delta??

Moosekahl said...

Delta flies to AK!