Monday, July 09, 2012

#55!

As mentioned last week, I took a little pre-4th road trip to meet up with a friend, former HNTer, and all-around hottie. Not much of a secret now, if you've been to either of our Facebook pages. It was the always lovely BFD! I'm not entirely sure why she's so shy here, but the picture on the map is of Mammoth Hot Springs in Yellowstone Park, where we first started the afternoon! Trust me, she looks great! I, on the other hand, hate having to squint...

There was hiking, there was sight-seeing, there was driving, there was lots of wind, lots of sun and lots of laughs. Of course, it wasn't just her--the whole family was with her, so I got to meet her hubby and the kids. Took me back to the days of family vacations when I was a kid. Though I think my siblings and I were far less behaved... Anyhoo...it was a great break for me, and hopefully I didn't make too bad of an impression! Thanks, BFD and family!
I'm just over 10 days to the big concert. My only real concerns are getting enough volunteers (which I'm assured will be just fine), vendors (it really shouldn't be this hard to fill my last three spots), and the weather (which I have no control over, so why worry?). The weather should actually be hot and dry, which isn't so bad--just puts the fireworks up in the air (so to speak). If we don't get a few days of cool or rain, we might not get to do them. Fingers are still crossed though. The good part is that someone else makes that call (fire marshal), so I'm off the hook for blame!

The rest of the concert is shaping up to be pretty good. Go check out the FB page if you haven't been there yet!
Wish I had something more exciting to share. This concert prep has literally consumed every waking moment, which is why the trip to see BFD was so wonderful. Hopefully in a couple of weeks I'll get back into the swing of things!

1 comment:

Chapter Two said...

It was a blast and I would repeat it in a heart beat! Glad it worked out!