I'll continue on with bullets, 'cuz I loves me the bullets!
- Interestingly, the traffic TO my blog has been fairly steady and consistent. I guess people still want to see if I'm alive!
- Also somewhat interesting...the amount of spam comments has greatly increased. Where I used to maybe get 3 per day, I'm now getting almost 20 per day. Don't know if that is a result of my inactivity here or what...
- As mentioned for the past couple of months, I've been b-u-s-y! At the moment, it's working the production for the summer concert. In the past, I've just been involved in the regular concert production part of things. This year, I'm the top dog. And I LOVE it! I'm really in my element. I've even had the administration at the college mention that I've gotten more done by April 30th than any of my predecessors had done by JUNE 30th. After doing this for 13 years, I think they've finally figured out that I should have been in this position years ago. Now if I can just parlay that into a healthy pay increase...
- If you want to see what I'm up to, go check www.facebook.com/symphonyunderthestars. And be sure to 'like' it, too!
- Let's see...what else. Oh, while most of you were at the beach or otherwise enjoying your Memorial Day weekend, we had SNOW on Friday night. SNOW! That actually stayed on the ground! The rest of the weekend was spend under a Winter Weather Advisory. In my neck of the woods, that meant wind, rain and not a ray of sunshine. Still hasn't really gotten sunny yet, either. :-/
- Did you watch Hatfields & McCoys last week? Not quite as good as Lonesome Dove, as far as mini-series go, but it was still pretty damned good! I've got too many friends who are from the hillbilly vicinity to make generalizations, but it sort of answered some questions!
- Oh, my Griz are in the news. They've been there for most of this spring, but it just gets worse. For those who don't remember, the head football coach and the school's athletic director were unexpectedly fired a couple of months ago. Officially, there's still no word as to why such action was taken, but it's assumed that it has to do with the number of sexual assault accusations at members of the team, and some possible cover-up or other 'bending' of laws, whether it's reporting, or assisting the accused with legal counsel (which none of them could possibly afford). Now the University, the athletic dept., and even the police dept. of Missoula are under investigation. The Justice Dept., the Dept. of Education, and the NCAA all have investigations going on at the same time. Lots of speculation, but none of them are actually coming out to say who or what's being investigated. In the meantime, Missoula was given the nickname "Rape Capital of America". Now the entire city is under this cloud. Of course, there's problems that exist, but from what I've read by a variety of writers, it's not much different than what's found in other college towns of the same size (disclaimer: I'm not defending it...just curious as to why Missoula 'earned' this distinction). Anyhoo, GO GRIZ!