These days, I don't socialize anywhere near as much. Rachel, my beer drinkin' buddy, has been gone for almost two years. As have all of my other beer drinkin' girls. The carefree beer drinking days are no more, anyway. The rock band is, for all intents and purposes, disbanded. The symphony folks aren't really anyone I'd want to spend a great deal of time with outside of rehearsals/performances. I'll go out for special things, but I find that I'm much more content to stay in and spend my time with you interwebz people. It's not that I don't enjoy myself when I go out--I do. But frankly, the desire just isn't there. And that's OK.
But now that August has arrived, I'm finding myself doing all sorts of things! Started out with dinner/beer last week with some HS classmates. In particular because the one in the orange blouse was visiting from Vegas. It was sort of a diverse group of us, with her as the common denominator. We had a great time!
Then last night, I had dinner with my first serious college girlfriend. The one that I notched many "firsts" with, if you know what I mean... She was in the state, and passing through, so we worked out a dinner date. This is the third time we've seen each other in 32 years, though the first time was her wedding (still happily married!), so I didn't get to say more than a couple of words to her then. As soon as we sat down, it was like no time had passed. We gave each other shit all through dinner--just like the old days! This visit was WAY to short, but she had to get on the road, and I had a rehearsal.
So what does the rest of the month hold?
- My mother's mother's sister's granddaughter (aka 'third cousin') and her family will be in town for a HS reunion. Plan on drinks together at least one night...
- The soul band plays for the weekly after-work party downtown next week.
- The friend who rolled her car last month is looking to move to town as soon as she can, so between apt. hunting and selling her my car, we've been out and about quite a bit.
- I'm hopping on a plane to visit someone in less than 3 weeks. Heading someplace where it's 90° by 10 AM. What am I thinking???
- Add in some layover time in MEM and MSP, and I'm hoping to meet some others!
- Labor Day weekend party out at the lake with the sisters, family and lots of friends.
"Everyone is like a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody."
Mark Twain (1835-1910) U.S. humorist, writer, and lecturer.
One part of this Mystery Guest's 'dark side' will stay unshown--she's choosing not to reveal this week!
Be sure to check out "...the Other HNT" for some naughty goodness! NSFW, as usual, but don't let that stop you from leaving some comments. Your fellow HNTers always appreciate it!