(Codes for the HNT buttons can be found below the guidelines.)
It was suggested that I include the inspiration for "Half-Nekkid Thursday". I would agree. Originally, I credited Cathy with posting pictures for Half Naked Thursdays. I wandered through her blog, and found numerous shots of kid's tushes, bare shoulders, hubby's tummy, etc. It didn't appear to be an organized thing, but a cool idea. So I ran with it. After publicly thanking her for the idea, both she and her husband Doug informed me that the true originator of the concept was The Blue Sloth. He has a HUGE amount of pics on his site--a majority of them of his kids & family. He used to take the kids to the beach and take half naked pics of them. Voila! An idea was born! Many thanks to this unknown genius! I know that he's been made aware of the phenomenon as it now exists. I hope he takes a little pride in its conception!
I offer these guidelines for "Half-Nekkid Thursday":
- In that North American, Puritanical way that most of my readers think, "Nekkid", or its variations, somehow insinuates sex, or its variations. WRONG!! The purpose of "Half-Nekkid Thursday" is not to see sex acts! It is the celebration of exposure. Of your big toe. Of your breastbone. Of your knuckles. Of your uvula. Whatever. Of course, sex acts can qualify, so if you want to post those.....
- "Nekkid" is not the same as nude! Again, nude qualifies, but it is not a requirement!
- Pictures should be taken of you or by you. Don't be going to some internet site and downloading "Half-Nekkid" pics. And don't use Uncle Bob's pictures from Spring Break '72, either. Let's try to keep this fairly "real".
- You don't necessarily have to be the subject of the picture. By the same token, if you're not, then the subject(s) should be known to you. No fair going to the beach and snapping pictures left and right. Yes, they might be "Half-Nekkid", but they don't follow the spirit of "Half-Nekkid Thursday".
- While animals can be included in a "Half-Nekkid Thursday" picture, they are not the focus, therefore cannot be the subject. If an animal is all that keeps your picture "Half-Nekkid" rather than "Full-Nekkid", that's OK.
- You are allowed a very limited number of cute-kids-in-the-tub type of pictures. We're interested in YOU!
- Use some originality with your shots. Facial shots should be limited. Artsy body landscapes, conversely, are highly encouraged. If a partner/family member is needed to take the picture, that's OK.
- Props can help you with creativity, and their use is encouraged, but not necessary.
- As we get into this, you may find that you want to post more than one picture for "Half-Nekkid Thursday". I would discourage this practice unless absolutely necessary. You should hold some pictures in reserve, in case you find yourself without a new picture down the road.
- While I can hardly control when you post pictures on your own blogs, let's try to keep "Half-Nekkid Thursday" special, and post "Half-Nekkid" pics only on Thursdays. If you feel the urge to post them more than once a week, I might recommend just emailing them out, rather than posting.
- Tattoos are certainly an acceptable subject, regardless of location. Scars are also acceptable, but please respect the others who visit "Half-Nekkid Thursday" on a regular basis. Spread out the scar pictures over a few weeks' time, please!
- Speaking of scars--If you use a picture of a scar, it must be accompanied by some sort of humorous anectdote as to how you got it. For a long, but good example, go here.
- Other skin conditions might not be acceptable, due to good taste. These include, but are not limited to warts, zits, lesions, ingrown hairs, boils, open sores, peeling skin, scabies, rashes, or any other assorted gross things. I'm not saying that you can't post them. Just use your best judgement, for the sake of the rest of us.
- When referring to "Half-Nekkid Thursday", please spell it correctly! Not Naked, not Neked, not Nakid. It's "Half-Nekkid Thursday".
- It's very important to not be dissing other's submissions! We're all going to have half-hearted entries from time to time. None of us is better than the other. One the other hand, it's completely acceptable to heap praise upon those that deserve it!
- IMPORTANT!--Remember to visit my current "HNT" post and leave a comment indicating that you've posted a picture for "Half-Nekkid Thursday". Consider my blog as the informational kiosk for "Half-Nekkid Thursday". You'll be able to see who is joining the tradition. Commenting is much easier for all concerned, rather than updating my blog each time someone posts their picture. I will try to keep the Blogroll in my sidebar updated each week.
ONE OF THESE BUTTONS!!
A quick and easy way to send your guests to the "Guidelines" page!
And a way for you to proudly announce to the world that you get Half-Nekkid!
Simply copy and paste the corresponding code onto your template!
Need help? Email me!
- "Os - you are like a god in the blogger world right now!!!" - Steph
- "I predict this idea will skyrocket OsBasso to superstardom..." - Bug's Butt
- "...naughty, but only as naughty as one wants it to be." - Andi
- "I'm in. And I'm all-nekkid as I write this." - aughra
- "No longer an HNT virgin. Damn you Osbasso..." - Ali
- "Gross..." - Anonymous
- "You're a man's man!" - Summer
- "You inspire me." - Chick
- "New to HNT...decided to jump on the bandwagon..." - Mel Mega
- "hnt is the shiz, my niz." - Ty (I don't know what that means...)
- "Os is a str8up Internet mack daddy and shit." - Ty (???)
- "...this is awesome!" - Yoj
- "You know I wouldn't miss HNT." - hippigirl
- "...I hope I didn't break any rules. Gulp!" - Sam
- "Woo hoo! You're brilliant, Osbasso! =)" - Min
- "Osbasso - Thanks for starting all of this fun..." - Chick
- "Thanks for sharing in my HNT...I feel so naughty..." Nina
- "HNT - the great equalizer" - aughra
- "Our children and their children will one day talk about it's greatness!" - emily
- "Os, you are a genius..." - yournamehere
- "I've decided to do the half-nekkid Thurs too. Fun idea!" - Staci
- "Osbasso: I love this!" - Min
- "Just some nip, nothing exciting." - C
- "Oh yeah, I'm loving the Half-Nekkid Thursday fun." - Chick
- "I love HNT!" - Kayten
- "Makes me wish I could see more!" - oxie
- "OMG! I love the bath HNTS!!!" - emily
- "How does this contest work again?" - Egan
- "I blame the TxPrincess Steph." - Shumpy
- "Come on...everyone's doing it...don't you want to be cool?" - Nina
- "I'm excited to be on board!" - Mel Mega
- "HNT is slowly taking over the world." Cindy-Lou
- "yeah, one more to the hnt cult..i mean, family." - LE
- "It's my second HNT...it's too much fun!!" - Binsk
- "Osbasso, ever feel proud of what you started!? lol" - Leandra
- "Damn, dude. This thing may really take off." - Darrel
- "...I find HNT to be oodles more fun!" - Redneck Diva
- "HNT is awesome!" - Corrina
- "Definitely strange, but I recognize & appreciate the quality." - Moos
- "I was hoping for a third nipple or something of the sort..." - Andi
- "...with a little imagination we can do lots with HNT!" - Binsk
- "Interesting concept Os..." - Rachel
- "All of us guys who read this blog owe Os so many beers" - yournamehere
- "Thought I would join the fun- could not resist : )" - Kfarmer
- "...it's ok to be a perv, embrace it!!!" - Emily
- "Os - this was the best idea EVER!!!!!" - Steph
- "man, you have too much time on your hands" - Moosekahl
- "Os Basso for president!" - Bug's Butt